NIF Disinfection Protocol for Shared Equipment
Use Peridox spray bottle for all touch surfaces. Peridox will kill coronavirus in 3 minutes.
Use Ethanol on microscope equipment
- Keep your mask on in the microscope room
- We highly recommend using safety eye wear when using the microscopes
- Change to a fresh pair of gloves once you have entered the microscope room.
- Place a clean plastic barrier on computer and mouse
- Cut an appropriate size barrier piece for eyepieces
- Spray Peridox on desk surface and air table where you will be working
- Wet a kimwipe or paper towel with 80% ethanol and wipe on microscope focus knob, the outside of the eyepieces where your nose will be close to microscope and any power supply buttons
- Do not wipe the lens of the eye pieces with papertowel. If you must clean the glass use lens wipes
- Wait 5 minutes
- Wipe off any excess with a paper towel
Do not spray disinfectant directly onto the microscope or any electrical equipment.
Peridox is a 4% peroxide solution. If spilled onto your skin wash thoroughly for 5 minutes with soap and water.
Keep Peridox way from your eyes. Avoid breathing in mist.